Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 8 - The Ride Home

66 Miles The Route

Slept in late then got up, posted the blog, and generally took a very long time to get under way this morning. When I finally hit the road the body was just sluggish and lazy. It got better the further I went.

Because of my little detour last night I'd abandoned my plan to try and explicitly map out US Bike Route 1. I gave up totally when, having picked up the trail, I lost it again at an unmarked intersection and went about two miles out of my way (four miles round trip). Since the route is unpublished, it MUST have accurate signs. I didn't want to be repeating that all day long, so I reverted back to the route I'd used to come down.

The weather was perfect and the scenery was fantastic (well, except for on-again, off-again headwinds). I made several brief stops on the way back (succumbing to my general lethargy) and it was dark before I finally rolled up to my front door with slowly deflating front tire.

My mileage today, 66 miles was a one-day personal best. Hopefully I can get back to this level quickly when I go on vacation at the end of August.






No comments: